The Office of Global Affairs offers a limited number of competitive, need-based scholarships ranging from $500-$2000 for participation in Intersession and Summer study abroad programs. Undergraduate and graduate US citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply. 明升体育-即时比分Scholarship awards are applied in the form of a discount to the student's Bursar bill for the term in which study abroad takes place.
Students should apply concurrently with their study abroad application, using , so that the materials may be reviewed together. Materials will not be reviewed together if the scholarship application is submitted after the application round deadline. The scholarship application requests the following documentation in PDF or DOC format:
- Financial Need Statement - essay of one page or less that describes the student's current financial circumstances and explains the gap between the student's current financial resources and the cost of attending the study abroad program.
- Current Resume
- Copy of (US citizens only) or other financial documentation (international students).
Students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- Display financial needs through the documents requested on the program application.
- Have submitted a FAFSA to your home institution during the current academic year, if a US citizen
- Take three or more credits during the term in which study abroad is planned
- Display financial need through documentation such as private loans, government loans, bank statements, etc. if an international student or non-student professional.
You are not eligible if you:
- Receive tuition remission from NYU or your home university (this includes employees, spouses, and dependents)
- Received, during the current academic year, any graduate-level fully funded fellowship or scholarship from NYU (including Steinhardt Fellows, Founders Fellows, and Research Assistants). Recipients of externally funded (non-NYU) scholarships are eligible.
- Are enrolling as a non-credit participant
for a study abroad scholarship. Students must submit their scholarship application immediately after their general program application in order to receive a timely decision.
Please note the following deadlines for Summer 2020:
|Apply By||Notification by|
|December 1, 2019||December 14, 2019|
|February 1, 2020||February 15, 2020|
|March 1, 2020||March 15, 2020|